Friday, April 6, 2012

ALASKA!

                                                                     


Haven't blogged in a hot minute! A lot has happened. We are now in ALASKA!! yay!!! Before moving up here we visited the fam in Vegas which was super nice. Haven't seen them in like 2 years. They finally got to meet Aubrey. Stayed there for almost a month. We rented out a vacation home. Was pretty nice to have a place of our own. Not have to worry about the kids messing up someones house =P Sad to leave everyone but very eager to start a new chapter in our lives.

The drive up to Alaska wasn't bad at all. We took our time. Drove during the day. Stayed at a hotel at night. I was fearing the road through the Yukon. I mean HELLO the YUKON??!!! But it wasn't that bad. It was absolutely GORGEOUS. The only downer was that the first town we stayed in had NOTHING. Just hotels, gas station, and a diner. It was so sad. I would go crazy there.

Anyways, here we are. ALASKA. It's funny because everyone who has never been here goes..O_O WHAT? YOU ARE MOVING TO ALASKA? YOU ARE CRAZY...Guess they say that because all they think is Alaska=Lots of snow, polar bears, eskimos, and salmon...YES, we have those here buuuuuuut there is so much more! It is absolutely beautiful here. And i am saying this as there is snow covering there ground. I can't even imagine how even more pretty it's going to get when it warms up. I am so glad we moved somewhere where we can do things year round. We are outdoorsie (is that even a word?) type of people. So Alaska is perfect for us. We have almost everything here that the lower 48 has. Well, except In N Out, but i'll live =)

We made the big decision in purchasing our first home. Scary, stressful. Right now we are waiting for the last inspection. We get to do early occupancy which is nice. I am sick and tired of living in TLF. I just want my own place already and not live out of a stupid suitcase. The house is gorgeous. Its brand new. We have a nice view of the Chugach State Park from the front deck. One side of our house is woods. I am so scared wild animals are going to be trotting around our yard x_x The Elementary school Vash will be going to is right behind our house. Well, a hop skip and a jump through the woods first =P Won't be doing that though, i'll just drive him there.

I haven't been able to do much shooting. Been so busy with all this moving poop. Plus i don't have all my equipment and my editing software =( Soon though! I have been having withdraws like a mofo. I will have my own studio in the house which is good. So i don't have to put everything up and take it back down yadayadayada. That gets super annoying. Craig has been super supportive with all this starting my own business. It's so cute. I think he's more excited about it than me! lol.

Well, that is a little update on our lives right now. I'm sure i will have plenty to write about soon =)